Work Vehicle GPS Tracking
If your everyday business operations involve any kind of work vehicle, GPS tracking can help you keep that vehicle safer, streamline your day-to-day operations, and even increase productivity. Countless businesses across the country rely on work vehicles. GPS tracking allows company leaders and fleet supervisors to track each and every work vehicle they own. Smart Fleet offers robust work vehicle GPS tracking that comes with a wide range of customizable features and service options so business leaders can configure work vehicle GPS tracking systems that work for them.
What Is Work Vehicle GPS Tracking?
Work vehicle GPS tracking is a straightforward yet complex system that allows business owners to locate their work vehicles almost instantly. The Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking system allows business owners to access work vehicle GPS data from any approved device instantly, and it comes with a wide range of features that allow business owners to completely customize their experiences on the platform. Smart Fleet also offers three different tiers of service, allowing business owners to scale the Smart Fleet platform to their operations.
Work vehicle GPS tracking involves the use of GPS tracking devices installed on a work vehicle, a satellite system to track the GPS device, and an intuitive access system that allows the business owner or work vehicle supervisor to access satellite data easily. Smart Fleet offers hardwired and plug and play GPS tracking devices with internal or external antenna configurations so vehicle owners can customize their vehicles’ GPS systems. Business owners who choose Smart Fleet can also customize the back-end services that come with the Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking platform.
Benefits of the Work Vehicle GPS Tracking System from Smart Fleet
Smart Fleet customers do not simply buy a boxed work vehicle GPS tracking device when they choose to work with Smart Fleet. The hardware is just one part of the package; customers also receive extensive guidance for using the work vehicle GPS tracking platform and a range of additional features, such as:
- Customizable alerts. Business owners can configure their work vehicle GPS tracking platform to notify them immediately of different events, such as when a driver exceeds the speed limit in a specific area, when a work vehicle idles for too long, or when drivers engage in specific behaviors. Fleet owners can configure their work vehicle GPS tracking alerts to their exact needs and specifications.
- Maintenance updates. Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking devices provide fleet vehicle owners with real-time alerts concerning vehicle maintenance. This feature helps business owners keep track of their vehicles’ conditions and identify maintenance problems before they interrupt work operations.
- Real time tracking. Choosing the Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking system means having the ability to track every work vehicle’s progress at virtually any time, from any approved device, including a computer terminal, laptop, or even a smartphone.
- Report generation. Business owners can use the Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking platform to generate reports at regular intervals, detailing everything from route efficiency to fuel consumption and mileage. Business owners can use these reports to make data-driven decisions about their operations. Work vehicle GPS tracking reports help cut down on wasted time during jobs and deliveries, help lower fuel costs, and provide business owners with useful insights.
- Increased productivity. Work vehicle GPS tracking means more assurance of accountability for drivers. Business owners can effectively check in on drivers using the work vehicle GPS tracking system and even integrate it with other useful business applications like the FieldPulse field management platform. The Smart Fleet work vehicle GPS tracking system is incredibly versatile and can integrate with a variety of popular commercial enterprise applications.
- Loss prevention. Believe it or not, vehicle thieves often target work vehicles because they assume such cars are full of expensive tools and computer equipment. Work vehicle GPS tracking allows business owners to quickly locate stolen work vehicles and report their locations to the authorities for rapid recovery.
Ultimately, the work vehicle GPS tracking system from Smart Fleet offers business owners peace of mind, more control, and a host of surprising benefits that can help fleet owners and other business owners grow their companies with added confidence. Work vehicle GPS tracking from Smart Fleet is much more than just a reliable way to track vehicle locations; the customizable and intuitive work vehicle GPS tracking platform can easily become a cornerstone for any company that relies on work vehicles for day-to-day operations.
About Smart Fleet
Smart Fleet is a leading provider of GPS tracking technology for fleet owners of all sizes. Our customizable platform provides fleet owners with an intuitive way to maintain complete control over their fleet vehicles, identify problems in real time using advanced monitoring technology, and access to a robust set of back-end support services including report generation and many additional options at different service levels.
Why Choose Smart Fleet for GPS Fleet Tracking?
Cofounders Andrew and Elizabeth Chermark built Smart Fleet in 2008 on a foundation of their combined experience in the fields of financial management and wireless communication. The Chermarks built Smart Fleet to fulfill a pressing need in the United States shipping industry: an intuitive way to track fleet vehicles, improve road safety, and manage fleets more efficiently. Thanks to the Chermarks’ experience in wireless management, vehicle use optimization, and maximizing productivity, they developed Smart Fleet into the robust and successful brand it is today.
Smart Fleet provides each client with the tools necessary to track their fleets more effectively, plan their routes more efficiently, and streamline their operations to make them more profitable. Today, Smart Fleet provides custom GPS fleet tracking services across 43 states and Canada.
Benefits of the Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System
Many GPS tracking service providers only offer limited back-end support or no support at all, selling customers GPS tracking hardware with little to no instruction as to how to get the most value out of it. Smart Fleet takes a different approach by providing a robust selection of hardware and services and guidance for using all these tools to maximum effect.
The Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System offers fleet owners the choice between hardwired GPS tracking devices and convenient plug and play systems with optional dashboard camera functionality. These tools are just one layer of the service provided by Smart Fleet.
Fleet owners can choose one of three levels of service for their organizations based on how much back-end support and customization they require. Each level of service comes with the same high-quality hardware and reliable software in an intuitive format, all backed by the support and guidance of the Smart Fleet team. Fleet owners can enjoy several valuable benefits by investing in a Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system:
- Real time GPS tracking. Smart Fleet hardware offers advanced positioning technology so fleet owners can track their fleet vehicles’ positions at any time from any approved device.
- Automatic report generation. The Smart Fleet system offers automatic report generation, providing fleet owners with useful data so they can make more informed decisions about their business operations and future investments.
- Customizable alerts. Fleet owners can set alerts at various thresholds. For example, it’s possible to tailor the system to send an alert whenever a driver enters or leaves certain geofenced areas or travels at certain speeds. Alerts can also notify fleet owners and fleet supervisors of idling time and drivers using their vehicles for unauthorized purposes.
- Video telematics. Video recording technology allows fleet owners to retain invaluable footage to handle insurance claims.
- Vehicle maintenance alerts. GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet connect to vehicle systems and can alert fleet supervisors of maintenance problems as soon as they appear.
- Instant Location. The Instant Locate command allows fleet owners to find a vehicle’s position almost instantly.
- Streamlined routes. Reports generated from the Smart Fleet system allow fleet owners to develop more efficient routes and lower their fueling costs.
- Improved customer experiences. Greater efficiency means streamlined operations and happier customers.
- Increased productivity. Insights gained from Smart Fleet report data can help fleet owners make data-driven decisions, and the vehicle monitoring hardware can increase driver accountability.
These are just a few of the reasons why Smart Fleet has become the leading choice among fleet owners in the US for robust and reliable systems for tracking their fleet vehicles. The Smart Fleet team has more than a decade of professional experience working with all types of fleets of various sizes and can help fleet owners streamline their processes with added confidence thanks to state-of-the-art GPS tracking technology. Contact our team at Smart Fleet today.