Leak #1: Fuel Costs
- Fuel accounts for 30% of fleet operating costs.
- Excessive idling can waste half a gallon of gas every hour.
Leak #2: Lease Payments & Vehicle Ownership
- The estimated total cost of ownership for a light-duty vehicle runs between $5,000 and $8,000 per vehicle, per year, whether they are in use or not.
Leak #4: Insurance
- Commercial auto insurance costs around $750 to $1,200 per vehicle. Rates can increase depending on accidents and driving violations.
- An accident that includes damage to both a person and a vehicle increase insurance by about 33%.
- 40% of motor vehicle accidents are work-related.
Leak #5: Labor and Overtime Costs
- The average median pay for plumbers is $52,590 per year, not accounting for overtime.