GPS Tracking Insurance Discounts
Every business owner must account for the operating cost of maintaining insurance coverage on company assets, and that includes work vehicles. GPS tracking insurance discounts are just one method fleet owners can save money and reduce overhead thanks to Smart Fleet. With a robust selection of options for GPS tracking, insurance discounts are easier to obtain and can lead to significant savings for business owners year over year.
Small business owners especially need to understand the potential savings from GPS tracking insurance discounts. Most small businesses start on shoestring budgets, and any and all savings are important when it comes to operational expenses. Savings from GPS tracking insurance discounts can save a small business owner thousands of dollars in premiums each year, making it easier to grow the company with confidence. It’s essential for all business owners to appreciate the potential savings GPS tracking insurance discounts can offer.
What Are GPS Tracking Insurance Discounts?
Insurance companies price their coverage based on several factors, but the two most prominent are perceived risk and scope of coverage. When an insurance policyholder needs a wide coverage scope and the carrier perceives the policyholder as a high risk, the policy will be more expensive to maintain. The opposite is also true; lower-risk policyholders tend to pay less for insurance coverage. GPS tracking insurance discounts can make fleet insurance more affordable, even as fleet owners expand their operations.
When a fleet owner needs to secure fleet insurance, it’s possible for the fleet owner to qualify for GPS tracking insurance discounts by installing high-quality GPS tracking devices in every fleet vehicle. These devices not only allow fleet owners to easily track their vehicles at all times, but also inherently reduce the risk of accidents in many ways. GPS tracking insurance discounts are easier to obtain when fleets display low risk.
How to Obtain GPS Tracking Insurance Discounts
One of the easiest ways for fleet owners to save money on their insurance coverage is by purchasing GPS tracking. Insurance discounts follow because GPS tracking devices lower accident risk in many ways:
- GPS tracking ensures work vehicles follow intended routes, minimizing the chances of drivers using their vehicles for unauthorized purposes.
- GPS tracking inherently encourages safer driving. Drivers are less likely to engage in risky driving when they know their vehicles are tracked.
- Integrated video cameras can not only help disprove false insurance claims, but also support video footage with data from GPS tracking. Insurance discounts are easier to obtain when insured fleets can prove the exact details of accidents their drivers experience.
If you are interested in obtaining GPS tracking insurance discounts, speak with your fleet insurance carrier about their discount options and what you need to qualify for GPS tracking insurance discounts. Some carriers will offer GPS tracking insurance discounts with installation of high-quality GPS tracking devices, but other carriers may require more robust fleet security such as dash camera integration. Ultimately, investing in these functionalities can not only help your fleet quality for GPS tracking insurance discounts but also reduce operating costs thanks to increased security.
Benefits of GPS Tracking: Insurance Discounts and More
GPS tracking insurance discounts are just one benefit of choosing the Smart Fleet platform for your fleet. GPS technology allows fleet supervisors to track every vehicle instantly, identify vehicle maintenance issues as early as possible, and even compile training material. Smart Fleet offers a wide range of service options and integrated features that fleet owners can customize for their operations. GPS tracking insurance discounts are just one of the many benefits of investing in the Smart Fleet platform for your organization.
Smart Fleet’s GPS tracking platform offers easy integration with enterprise applications like FieldPulse for faster job dispatching, easier customer invoicing, and more efficient day-to-day operations. All these benefits inherently increase fleet safety, and this is one of the major deciding factors when it comes to insurance carriers awarding GPS tracking insurance discounts. As you make your fleet more secure, you reduce the risk of accidents and can streamline your company’s growth while enjoying the savings from your GPS tracking insurance discounts.
About Smart Fleet
Smart Fleet is a leading provider of GPS tracking technology for fleet owners of all sizes. Our customizable platform provides fleet owners with an intuitive way to maintain complete control over their fleet vehicles, identify problems in real time using advanced monitoring technology, and access to a robust set of back-end support services including report generation and many additional options at different service levels.
Why Choose Smart Fleet for GPS Fleet Tracking?
Cofounders Andrew and Elizabeth Chermark built Smart Fleet in 2008 on a foundation of their combined experience in the fields of financial management and wireless communication. The Chermarks built Smart Fleet to fulfill a pressing need in the United States shipping industry: an intuitive way to track fleet vehicles, improve road safety, and manage fleets more efficiently. Thanks to the Chermarks’ experience in wireless management, vehicle use optimization, and maximizing productivity, they developed Smart Fleet into the robust and successful brand it is today.
Smart Fleet provides each client with the tools necessary to track their fleets more effectively, plan their routes more efficiently, and streamline their operations to make them more profitable. Today, Smart Fleet provides custom GPS fleet tracking services across 43 states and Canada.
Benefits of the Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System
Many GPS tracking service providers only offer limited back-end support or no support at all, selling customers GPS tracking hardware with little to no instruction as to how to get the most value out of it. Smart Fleet takes a different approach by providing a robust selection of hardware and services and guidance for using all these tools to maximum effect.
The Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System offers fleet owners the choice between hardwired GPS tracking devices and convenient plug and play systems with optional dashboard camera functionality. These tools are just one layer of the service provided by Smart Fleet.
Fleet owners can choose one of three levels of service for their organizations based on how much back-end support and customization they require. Each level of service comes with the same high-quality hardware and reliable software in an intuitive format, all backed by the support and guidance of the Smart Fleet team. Fleet owners can enjoy several valuable benefits by investing in a Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system:
- Real time GPS tracking. Smart Fleet hardware offers advanced positioning technology so fleet owners can track their fleet vehicles’ positions at any time from any approved device.
- Automatic report generation. The Smart Fleet system offers automatic report generation, providing fleet owners with useful data so they can make more informed decisions about their business operations and future investments.
- Customizable alerts. Fleet owners can set alerts at various thresholds. For example, it’s possible to tailor the system to send an alert whenever a driver enters or leaves certain geofenced areas or travels at certain speeds. Alerts can also notify fleet owners and fleet supervisors of idling time and drivers using their vehicles for unauthorized purposes.
- Video telematics. Video recording technology allows fleet owners to retain invaluable footage to handle insurance claims.
- Vehicle maintenance alerts. GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet connect to vehicle systems and can alert fleet supervisors of maintenance problems as soon as they appear.
- Instant Location. The Instant Locate command allows fleet owners to find a vehicle’s position almost instantly.
- Streamlined routes. Reports generated from the Smart Fleet system allow fleet owners to develop more efficient routes and lower their fueling costs.
- Improved customer experiences. Greater efficiency means streamlined operations and happier customers.
- Increased productivity. Insights gained from Smart Fleet report data can help fleet owners make data-driven decisions, and the vehicle monitoring hardware can increase driver accountability.
These are just a few of the reasons why Smart Fleet has become the leading choice among fleet owners in the US for robust and reliable systems for tracking their fleet vehicles. The Smart Fleet team has more than a decade of professional experience working with all types of fleets of various sizes and can help fleet owners streamline their processes with added confidence thanks to state-of-the-art GPS tracking technology. Contact our team at Smart Fleet today.