GPS Fleet Tracking Comparison
When it comes to GPS fleet tracking, comparison is an important part of deciding which level of service you want for your operation. Smart Fleet offers several levels of service for GPS fleet tracking. Comparison of these different service levels will allow fleet owners to select the GPS fleet tracking options that fit their operations the best.
If your fleet needs some kind of system for GPS fleet tracking, comparison between the device models available from Smart Fleet can help your organization make an informed investment. Smart Fleet offers a complete line of meticulously crafted and robustly supported GPS fleet tracking systems to fit a wide variety of fleet needs.
A Simple GPS Fleet Tracking Comparison
Smart Fleet offers a wide range of devices for GPS fleet tracking. Comparison between these models is necessary for any fleet owner who wishes to have more control over a fleet and higher productivity. Smart Fleet offers several different types of GPS fleet tracking devices.
Hardwired GPS Fleet Tracking Comparison
Hardwired GPS fleet tracking devices are the best choice for new fleet vehicles that will remain in a fleet for a long time. When you start your GPS fleet tracking comparison between the different devices offered by Smart Fleet, start with the hardwired model to see if it would be right for your fleet. This model offers hardwired, covert, three-wire installation with an internal antenna. It is also available with an external antenna.
Plug and Play GPS Fleet Tracking Comparison
If your fleet includes older vehicles or leased vehicles and you don’t want to perform hardwire installations, you don’t have to sacrifice quality or features. The Plug and Play GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet use OBD-II installation with an internal antenna design, but you can also order them with Y-Cable OBD-II splitter installation instead. These devices also come with a power disconnect alert feature to instantly send alerts whenever the device is removed or powered off
To conduct a thorough GPS fleet tracking comparison, consider the features available with both the hardwired and plug and play GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet. Both come with customizable alerts so fleet owners can track specific events according to their individual preferences, such as vehicle speed, idling time, off-hour vehicle operation, and driver behaviors. It’s also possible to configure update timing at one, two, or five-minute intervals. Both the hardwired and plug and play models come with the Instant Locate feature that allows fleet supervisors to track fleet vehicle positions instantly as well as dispatch capability to help supervisors locate the nearest fleet vehicle in a specific location.
GPS Fleet Tracking Comparison of Smart Fleet Services
In addition to the various GPS fleet tracking devices available from Smart Fleet, it’s vital for fleet owners to conduct a GPS fleet tracking comparison between the different levels of service offered on the Smart Fleet platform.
- The Smart Fleet Program offers real-time monitoring, customizable alerts, and a selection of hardware best suited to your fleet’s needs. This service tier also includes report generation so you can make more informed decisions about the future of your fleet.
- The Smart&EZ Program is a streamlined version of the Smart Fleet system offering fuel card integration, report generation, customizable alerts, and full ELD compliance.
- The Smart Fleet Prime Program is the highest service tier available, including all the features and benefits of lower service tiers plus an intuitive organizing dashboard to help fleet owners keep track of all aspects of their Smart Fleet platforms.
Each of these programs offers incredible value, more control, and greater peace of mind to fleet owners of all kinds. As you conduct your GPS fleet tracking comparison, consider not only what type of devices you want to install in your fleet vehicles, but also the level of back-end service you expect from Smart Fleet. During your GPS fleet tracking comparison, think carefully about the type of physical hardware that would work best in your fleet vehicles as well as the kind of functionality you and your fleet supervisors should have. Smart Fleet’s platform offers an unmatched level of control and customization when it comes to managing your fleet in real time.
About Smart Fleet
Smart Fleet is a leading provider of GPS tracking technology for fleet owners of all sizes. Our customizable platform provides fleet owners with an intuitive way to maintain complete control over their fleet vehicles, identify problems in real time using advanced monitoring technology, and access to a robust set of back-end support services including report generation and many additional options at different service levels.
Why Choose Smart Fleet for GPS Fleet Tracking?
Cofounders Andrew and Elizabeth Chermark built Smart Fleet in 2008 on a foundation of their combined experience in the fields of financial management and wireless communication. The Chermarks built Smart Fleet to fulfill a pressing need in the United States shipping industry: an intuitive way to track fleet vehicles, improve road safety, and manage fleets more efficiently. Thanks to the Chermarks’ experience in wireless management, vehicle use optimization, and maximizing productivity, they developed Smart Fleet into the robust and successful brand it is today.
Smart Fleet provides each client with the tools necessary to track their fleets more effectively, plan their routes more efficiently, and streamline their operations to make them more profitable. Today, Smart Fleet provides custom GPS fleet tracking services across 43 states and Canada.
Benefits of the Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System
Many GPS tracking service providers only offer limited back-end support or no support at all, selling customers GPS tracking hardware with little to no instruction as to how to get the most value out of it. Smart Fleet takes a different approach by providing a robust selection of hardware and services and guidance for using all these tools to maximum effect.
The Smart Fleet GPS Fleet Tracking System offers fleet owners the choice between hardwired GPS tracking devices and convenient plug and play systems with optional dashboard camera functionality. These tools are just one layer of the service provided by Smart Fleet.
Fleet owners can choose one of three levels of service for their organizations based on how much back-end support and customization they require. Each level of service comes with the same high-quality hardware and reliable software in an intuitive format, all backed by the support and guidance of the Smart Fleet team. Fleet owners can enjoy several valuable benefits by investing in a Smart Fleet GPS fleet tracking system:
- Real time GPS tracking. Smart Fleet hardware offers advanced positioning technology so fleet owners can track their fleet vehicles’ positions at any time from any approved device.
- Automatic report generation. The Smart Fleet system offers automatic report generation, providing fleet owners with useful data so they can make more informed decisions about their business operations and future investments.
- Customizable alerts. Fleet owners can set alerts at various thresholds. For example, it’s possible to tailor the system to send an alert whenever a driver enters or leaves certain geofenced areas or travels at certain speeds. Alerts can also notify fleet owners and fleet supervisors of idling time and drivers using their vehicles for unauthorized purposes.
- Video telematics. Video recording technology allows fleet owners to retain invaluable footage to handle insurance claims.
- Vehicle maintenance alerts. GPS fleet tracking devices from Smart Fleet connect to vehicle systems and can alert fleet supervisors of maintenance problems as soon as they appear.
- Instant Location. The Instant Locate command allows fleet owners to find a vehicle’s position almost instantly.
- Streamlined routes. Reports generated from the Smart Fleet system allow fleet owners to develop more efficient routes and lower their fueling costs.
- Improved customer experiences. Greater efficiency means streamlined operations and happier customers.
- Increased productivity. Insights gained from Smart Fleet report data can help fleet owners make data-driven decisions, and the vehicle monitoring hardware can increase driver accountability.
These are just a few of the reasons why Smart Fleet has become the leading choice among fleet owners in the US for robust and reliable systems for tracking their fleet vehicles. The Smart Fleet team has more than a decade of professional experience working with all types of fleets of various sizes and can help fleet owners streamline their processes with added confidence thanks to state-of-the-art GPS tracking technology. Contact our team at Smart Fleet today.